In September of 2009, Tim was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells in the blood. Our prayer is that we will display God's sufficient grace throughout our test of faith. We have come to a deeper understanding of II Corinthians 12:9a which says, "...My grace is sufficient for thee; for My strength is made perfect in weakness..."

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day +8

Tim's platelet count was low enough again today that he had to receive another transfusion and was not feeling well this afternoon. Tonight, he seems to be a little better - enjoying the last game of the NBA finals. He hasn't been sleeping well the last few nights, so we are praying for a good night's sleep tonight. Two more days until Day +10 ...that is the day Tim's levels should begin to start inching up and he should begin to turn the corner.

Please pray for our daughter, McKayla. She woke up this morning running a fever and complaining of a headache and stomach ache. As the day went on, her fever kept going higher, so I took her to the pediatrician. She seems to have a virus - there is no ear infection or strep. Her fever finally came down tonight before I put her to bed, but she is still not feeling well. We have already been keeping the kids at a distance from Tim, but of course, we are concerned that he doesn't get this virus. It would be very serious if he started running a fever. We are also concerned about the rest of the kids (or me) coming down with it. Please pray that this is just a quick 24-hour bug and will not go through the whole family!

2 comments:

  1. As if life needed to be more adventurous for you...sheesh! I will pray the germs stay away! We will be anxious to hear how Sat. is for Tim :)
    Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all are in our thoughts and prayers for complete healing and strength! Thank you for creating a blog so we can know how to pray more specifically. Came across this song today. I hope it is an encouragement to you. Please let us know how we can help. I will be emailing a prayer request to all our prayer warriors at church.

    Your Grace still Amazes me

    Verse 1
    My faithful Father enduring Friend
    Your tender mercy’s like a river with no end
    It overwhelms me covers my sin
    Each time I come into Your presence
    I stand in wonder once again

    Chorus
    Your grace still amazes me
    Your love is still a mystery
    Each day I fall on my knees
    Cause your grace still amazes me
    Your grace still amazes me

    Verse 2
    Oh patient Savior You make me whole
    You are the Author and the Healer of my soul
    What can I give You Lord what can I say
    I know there’s no way to re-pay You
    Only to offer You my praise

    Bridge
    It’s deeper, it’s wider
    It’s stronger, it’s higher
    It’s deeper, it’s wider
    It’s stronger, it’s higher
    Than anything my eyes can see.
    You’re grace still amazes me

    ReplyDelete