In September of 2009, Tim was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells in the blood. Our prayer is that we will display God's sufficient grace throughout our test of faith. We have come to a deeper understanding of II Corinthians 12:9a which says, "...My grace is sufficient for thee; for My strength is made perfect in weakness..."

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hair Today - Gone Tomorrow!

Well, the day after our post about no hair loss, Tim's hair began coming out. It was a little late, but 2 weeks to the day of his last dose of chemo, it happened. So this afternoon, Stacie took the clippers to his head and we had a mini "shave your head" party. Mark, our 5 year old, did not want to "be bald" as he said, so he opted out of it; but Matthew and Michael were brave and willing participants. Below are a few pictures from the event. Aren't they handsome!


I can't pass up the opportunity to share this one: Tonight when I was putting the kids to bed, I told Michael how proud I was of him for shaving his head for his dad. I told him that it was a very nice thing to do to show his dad how much he loved him and was concerened for him. Michael said he was glad to do it because now he doesn't have to comb his hair for a while!
Now, Michael and Mark share a room, so I looked at Mark and told him that it was okay that he didn't participate and that there were other ways he could show his dad that he loved him. However, I was curious as to why he didn't want to join in with the boys and shave his head, too. So, I asked him why he didn't participate. He looked at me with a very sad and somber expression and said, "Mom, I didn't want to go on the shiny side." Too funny, Mark!

2 comments:

  1. Such supportive sons...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,
    Just remember that Bald is Beautiful!
    I would shave my head to, but I lost mine in a more natural fashion!

    I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete